drive home: make (sth.) clear so that people understand it
drive sth. home (to sb.)
- He drove the point home with another quotation.
- 我們必須使他徹底明白困難在哪里。(We must drive home to him where the difficulties lie.)
- Peter was lazy. His parents tried to drive home to him the importance of hard work.
- 我害怕坐飛機；我怕飛機可能墜毀。(I'm scared to fly in a plane. I'm scared that it might crash.)
- 警察正在住宅內搜查一件藏匿的武器。(The police were searching the house for a hidden weapon.)
- 現在，中國人的生活比以前強多了。(Nowadays Chinese people are better off than they used to be.)
- 馬丁? 路德 ? 金的講演深深打動了聽眾。 (Martin Luther King's speech deeply affected the audience.)
- They didn't like my suggestion that she share the room with her classmate.
- At my suggestion we went on a picnic.
- When I visited Shanghai for the first time I got lost in the rather complex network of roads.
- After seven years of study, he succeeded in joining the faculty of Columbia University.
- 我對計算機一竅不通。(I'm rather ignorant about computer.)
- 中國正與其他國家競爭國際市場。(China is now competing with other countries for world market.)
- 他債臺高筑。(His debts accumulated.)
No modestly educated adult can fail to be upset by such an experience.
4. 那人跟凱文解釋說， 如果一個人沒有錢，教育能提供積累金融資本所必需的人力資本。
(The man explains to Kevin that when a man has no money, education can supply the human capital necessary to start to acquire financial capital.)
(These skills are something that math and science teach and are essential for adolescents to become thinking, intelligent members of society.)
miracle: n. an amazing or wonderful event, esp. sth. that happens unexpectedly
- There was a severe earthquake in that area, but by a miracle, no one was killed in it.
- The teacher told me that it'd be a miracle if I passed the examination.
- It was a miracle that the pilot landed the plane in that snowstorm.
by a miracle 依靠奇跡；奇跡般地
to a miracle 奇跡般地；（好得）不可思議地
accomplish / perform / work a miracle 創造奇跡