One You must have been here a long time already.
A Being on time is considered good manners. It's not polite to be late for classes, meetings, or appointments. When we do business with foreigners, make sure not to be late. Foreigners keep punctual time. Punctuality can greatly increase your credibility, too.
B In America, it's impolite to call someone's home very early in the morning or very late at night unless there is an emergency. For example, 8 A.M. is considered too early and 10 P.M. is considered too late. Especially on weekends, many people like to stay up late and get up late. So make sure not to disturb people who may be resting or sleeping.
2 Sample Sentences
1. She was here a moment ago.
2. Don't worry, your father will come back after a while.
3. The rent should be paid in advance.
4. We must hurry up if we want to be there on time.
5. I wish I could stay here another month.
6. I think I can have it done in a couple of hours.
7. Do you rent the camera by the hour or by the day
8. I was five minutes late for work this morning.
9. Your watch is ten minutes ahead of time and you're still late.
10. He always leaves work at six on the dot. He won't work an extra minute. 他六點鐘總是準時下班。他不會多工作一分鐘。
A Chinese girl is caught at the subway station by heavy rain. She is supposed to meet her friend, Hans, in the lobby of the Garden Hotel at 1100 A.M., but she doesn't have a watch, so she decides to ask a man for the time.
Girl Excuse me, Sir, do you know what time it is
Man Oh, it's almost eleven twenty.
Girl Thank you.
Man You're welcome. The rain is quite heavy, isn't it
Girl Yeah. I was in a hurry and I forgot my umbrella today.
Man I have one. We could share it. Which way are you going
Girl Oh, that's very kind of you. I am going to the Garden Hotel.
Man I am going there, too. We can walk together.
Time and weather is the topic that two strangers often begin a conversation. Usually people begin to know each other by this way.